The Armenian Historical Association provides the opportunity to preserve and archive stories of our Armenian ancestors and to tell future generations who the early and present Rhode Island Armenians were and what special achievements they made to our state and community.
The Association encourages support from a membership of interested Rhode Islanders of Armenian descent and friends who recognize the need to preserve our collective culture and heritage.
Become a member of the Armenian Historical Association of RI
For the first time, the story of Armenian immigrants past and present, with their contribution to Rhode Island history, will be told to museum visitors. Help us make this a reality. Become a member of the Armenian Historical Association of Rhode Island (AHARI) so that together we can pay tribute to our ancestors, celebrate today and ensure that future generations will not forget.
A one year membership starts from the date of joining and ends after 12 months. Members will receive a membership card in the mail.
Click “Add to Cart” button to purchase your membership. We use PayPal as our processing merchant.
Make a donation to the Armenian Historical Association of RI
Your tax-deductible donation goes towards the preservation, collection and dissemination of historical Armenian artifacts and the Association’s ability to preserve and upkeep these treasured items.
There is no set amount for donating, so please feel free to donate at whatever amount you are comfortable.
Volunteer some time to the Armenian Historical Association of RI
Have some time to spare and want to get involved with AHARI?
Take on a challenge, meet new people, learn new skills and help establish a vital avenue of information for our descendants and fellow Rhode Islanders about the heritage of the Armenians.
Volunteering opportunities are listed below:
1. Website maintenance
Under the guidance of the board
Update webpages weekly
- Send email reminders to committee chairs for updates and announcements to website
- Knowledge of uploading cropping and enhancing images
- Knowledge of word processing
- Working knowledge of WordPress a plus
- Ability to take responsibility and follow-through
- Coordinate work with Website Designer
Time commitment: typically, 1 hour per week
2. Cataloging/ Inventory Specialist
Under the guidance of the Exhibit Manager
- Identify artifacts
- Provide description based on consultation with other specialists
- Label artifacts according to standardized process
- Input data using Excel spreadsheet form, according to specifications
- Photograph image and include on spreadsheet
- Wrap and store artifacts in designated museum storage
- Coordinate work with other specialists
Time commitment: 2 to 4 hours per session – weekly from time to time
3. Marketing Associate
Under the guidance of the Marketing Director
- Write press releases
- Submit copy to webmaster
- Compile key website list for events promotion
- Submit press releases to press list
- Communicate with member organizations for distribution of promotional material
- Participate in the management of planned event
- Serve on appropriate committees of AHARI
Time commitment: typically, 2 to 3 hours per week
4. Gallery Representative
Under the guidance of the Office Manager
- Answer telephone
- Docent responsibility for gallery visitors
- Event related emails and phone calls
- Process correspondence
- Assist with event preparation
- Scanning documents
- Work under the direction of the Office Manager
Time commitment: 2 to 4 hours per session
5. Office Manager
Under the guidance of the Board
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Familiarity with MS Office Products
- Manage/oversee the Gallery representatives and coordinate their schedules
- Maintain the membership database – membership renewals, communication and updates
- Coordinate with board members in support of events
Time commitment: 2 to 3 hours per week